Thursday 16 November 2017

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 1, Chapter 1: Post-haste!


Welcome back to the Literal Booker Legacy!

Now we start the official legacy so get ready for marriage, promotions, and babies!

Previously, Yvonne graduated university with the highest honours and has now moved out into the big wide world on her own whilst her fiancée, Andrea (pictured above), finishes her final year.





Sooo, Yvonne, what do you think? Your brand new home!

Yvonne: “I think I want to go back to college.”

Well, you can’t, so suck it up, find a job and we can renovate!



Yvonne: “Intelligence career… Intelligence… Ah! Here we go! Surveillance Operator. I start at one in the afternoon.”

Excellent, let’s hope Andrea’s job won’t be in the afternoon either.



Mr. Humble: “Damn, whoever lives here is lucky I give free PC handouts. They wouldn’t be able to afford it.”

Shoo! Shoo…

Thank you for the free computer.


Have a good first day of work! Bring that moola so we can add some security and a phone!



Yvonne: “Baby! I miss you!”

Andrea: “I miss you too. I’m nearly finished, just one more final to go and I’ll be with you soon.

And then we can plan a wedding and start a family… Well, you can. I’m not getting involved in this haha!



Speaking of Andrea, shall we catch up with what she’s been up to since Yvonne left? I’ll be honest, she’s been a bit of a bore.

Andrea: “Ugh, Yvonne! She threw a party – that I didn’t attend – and then leaves rotting hamburgers EVERYWHERE instead of cleaning it up.”

Well, she did grow up as soon as the party ended and then she had to leave.

Andrea: “So, I have to clean-up after her?”

Well…



Andrea: “And, all she left in the fridge for me is this half empty bowl of chilli!”

Looks like it’s time for you to learn how to cook, then.

Andrea: “Actually, you may be right... But first…”



Andrea: “I’m gonna spy on the neighbours!”

What kind of evil smile are you wearing right now?!



Andrea: “If Gabriel Green comes round here looking for me… You know what to do.”

Wha- No, I don’t know! What did you just see?!

Andrea: “Heh.”



Yvonne: “Baby! I miss you!”

Andrea: “I miss you too. I’m nearly finished, just one more final to go and I’ll be with you soon.


Yvonne: “I’m so lonely without her and this house is ugly!”

Hey, look, I got you a little something as a present; hopefully it’ll make you feel better.



Yvonne: “New clothes?”

New clothes.


Yvonne: “Yes! This is my kind of style. Thanks so much, Gray!”

No problem, I was getting sick of your outfit too…


Whilst Yvonne celebrates her new wardrobe, Andrea is learning how to cook. Let’s start with a simple dish… Spaghetti.

Andrea: “OUCH!”

Next time, pay a bit more attention to your knife.



Andrea: “Pssh, screw pasta, all I need is sports! Hooooo! You suck Belladonna Witches!”

You’re going to need to cook at some point.

Andrea: “Later, later… I can’t believe they missed that pass. This team is awful, right, baby?”



Andrea: “...I guess I’ll go study how to cook…”

On the bright side, you graduate after tomorrow!



Yvonne: “Is she crazy? Dancing by herself when I’m here!”

Andrea: *gasp* “Yvonne!”



Yvonne: “She’s still fine as hell, though.”



Andrea: “Yusun, do me a huge favour, please?”

Yusun: “I would love to be your maid of honour!”

Andrea: “Uh no… Could you maybe keep this place together as a placeholder?”

Yusun: “Um… Alright, I guess I can. Can I marry one of your future descendants?”

Andrea: “No, no, you can’t.”



With a whizz and a bang-



Andrea becomes a fully-fledged adult! Time to move you out, hon!

Andrea: “I can’t wait to see what Yvonne’s house looks like!”

Yeaaaah…



Andrea: “Wait… This isn’t right… 105 Storybook Lane?”

This is it!

Andrea: “You’re… kidding me, right?”

Nope!



Andrea: “Wow, this place is a dump!”

Well, thanks to you, we might be able to spruce this little townhouse up.

But first…



Go and change your outfit. Yvonne will be home soon and I need to work some magic.


Later that night…

Welcome home, Yvonne!



Yvonne: “What the hell… This isn’t my home?”

I changed it!

Yvonne: “There’s someone in there!”

Yeah, it’s someone you’ve been dying to see since you left college.

Yvonne: “It’s not…”



Andrea: “Yvonne!”

Yvonne: “Andi, I’ve missed you so much!”



Yvonne: “Let’s not waste any time and get married right now.”

Andrea: “No formal wear? No parties? Count me in!”











Allow me to introduce you to Mrs and Mrs Booker.



Andrea: “Shall we celebrate our quickie wedding?”

Yvonne: “Why… what did you have in mind?”



Andrea: “Hmm, I can think of something.”



Something is afoot in the Booker household!



Yvonne: “So… I know we’ve only been married for like, a couple of hours but… I’m pregnant.”


Andrea: “Alright? After the first attempt? That’s unusual.”

I know, sometimes it takes like five tries, but you two just… Wow, you took it straight there. Congrats, by the way. Looks like you’ve got to look for a job, Andrea.



Andrea: “Oceanography… found it!”

Awesome! It only took two days to find it.

Andrea: “Say, Gray?”

Hmm?

Andrea: “Can you do me a favour?”

Sure, what have you got in mind?



Andrea: “Platinum blonde, baby!”

I’m glad you like it.



What are you reading now?

Andrea: “Well, Yvonne’s pregnant and this is our first child so…”

You’re learning parenting?

Andrea: “Of course!”



Yvonne: “Andi, what are you doing?”

I literally just asked that.

Andrea: “I’m reading a book on parenting. Want to join me?”

Yvonne: “Sure.”



Yvonne: “Wait… What’s gonna happen to my body over the next three days?!”

Oh, the joys of pregnancy and childbirth.



Later that night…

Yvonne: “Uh, hello! I’m about to pop!”

Oooh!



Welcome baby number one, I hope you enjoy your stay.

Yvonne: “Aww, my bathrobe’s gone.”

You’ll get it back soon enough… But, you probably won’t have it for long.



Andrea, how was your first day of work?

Andrea: “Awesome. I got a promotion.”

Nice!



Yvonne: “Oh, hey, Yusun, what’s up?”

Yusun: “I’m lonely over here! When are your kids coming?”

Yvonne: “Great news for you, Yusun, I’m pregnant! So, not long left.”

Yusun: “Alright, I can wait a little longer…



Andrea: “Honey, you seem a little tense? Are you okay?”

Yvonne: “My back… is just killing me right now.”

Wait until the second trimester, Yvonne, it’s going to hurt even more.



Andrea: “Aww my baby, lemme rub it better for you.”

Yvonne: “God, that feels so much better.”

Andrea: “You know what else will help calm you down?”

Yvonne: “…What?”



Andrea: “A good game of chess!”

Yvonne: “I… don’t think so, but okay. I need to get my logic up anyway.”



Also, fun fact, Miss I Hate Cooking has now taken such a liking that she’s nearly reached the zone in culinary.



Andrea: “It’s the maternal instinct in me.”

Sure.



Yvonne: “Andi! Andi! The baby just kicked!”



Andrea: “Lemme feel!”


Andrea: *gasp* “I felt it that time!”



Andrea: “Hewwo wittle baby, it’s your mommy twalking. I wuv you aweady and I can’t wait to see you!”



Andrea: “I’m so proud of you, Yvonne, you’re doing so well. Not too long left.”



Andrea: “Get a good night’s rest whilst I go to work and I’ll see you in the morning. I love you.”

Yvonne: “I love you too…”



Yvonne: “C’mon, baby, I’ve been asleep for an HOUR!”



Yvonne: “OooOOOoooH! My insides are tearing apart.”

Oh, don’t be melodramatic…

Aaaand this is probably a good spot to leave it, just for the suspension.

What do you think, readers? Boy or girl?

We shall find out in the next installment!

See you then!

2 comments:

  1. Aw these two are cuuttteee

    And haha, Yusun! Getting ahead of yourself there!

    Hmmmm, I'm going to say a boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yusun is going to become a running gag over the legacy, I can feel it hehehe!

      Thank you so much for your comments by the way, they're really lovely to read <3

      Delete