Monday 20 November 2017

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 1, Chapter 3: Where Do Babies Come From?


Suspicious title is suspicious...

Anyway, welcome back to the Literal Booker Legacy!!

Previously: Yvonne and Andrea graduated college and got jobs in their respected fields. They rushed a wedding and immediately conceived their first born, aptly named Wynne, after Dianna Wynne Jones. Yvonne then lost her job and ended up pregnant with their second child, who was delivered at the end of the chapter!




Introducing the second born!

This is little Austen! Named after the Romantic (the movement, not the genre) author Jane Austen (yes it’s another girl!). Jane Austen is famous for her books Pride and Prejudice, Sense and Sensibility, Persuasion, Emma, etc. Often considered the pioneer of feminist works, her works are often considered sardonic and a sarcastic attempt at writing a romance (the genre, not the movement) piece.

She’s also famous for creating Mr Darcy, who is considered the pinnacle of male characters.   



Aw! Are you jumping for joy because you have a little sister?

Wynne: “No! I’m trying to overheat so the social worker comes…”

You’re… an evil child. My God. Because you have competition for heirdom, you’d rather just end the legacy completely?

Wynne: “Eh.”



Andrea: “I’m so happy you’re here.”

You weren’t exactly overjoyed of her announcement.

Andrea: “People can change.”

Considerably.



Andrea: “Mama’s little girl! I wuv you!”



Andrea has taken to motherhood like a duck to water. Maybe it’s because she didn’t have to carry the babies herself.

Hmmm…

Andrea: “Don’t you dare! I’ll leave this legacy if you get me pregnant!”

Alright, alright. Two’s a perfect number for this generation even if they are the same gender…



The truth is Andrea was taking care of Austen because Yvonne literally had to work an hour after giving birth.

Wynne: “Mommy! Mommy!”

Yvonne: “Why aren’t you in bed?”

Wynne: “Skill building.”

She’s mastered logic. Maybe she’ll be a Knowledge sim too…



Yvonne: “I don’t know what I’m happier about: having my bathrobe back or holding this little one.”

Probably the bathrobe, you’re attached to that thing.



OH GOD PLEASE DON’T DIE PLEASE DON’T DIE!



*Pterodactyl screech*



Yvonne: “I lived!”

Oh, thank God!

Wynne: “Mommy! Please don’t do that again!”

Agreed… wait for Andrea to come home, she has the higher mechanical skill.



The next day Wynne comes home with an A+. I guess the traumatising event of watching her mother be electrocuted didn’t rattle her too much.



Wynne, quietly: “Mama! I got an A+!”



Time for another baby to grow up! Andrea’s really taking charge with Austen’s development. It must be the regret of missing so much of Wynnie’s toddler-hood.



Or maybe it’s because Andrea knows that Austen would end up looking almost identical to her. She’s also a Pisces too… It must be an intuition thing.

Austen is fairly neat, shy, a little outgoing, serious, but very nice! Such a contrast from her 1 nice point older sister.



Yvonne is still constantly either platinum or gold so she’s the only one who gives the radioactive milk to the babies.



Yvonne: “Can you say mo-mm-y?”

Austen: *shakes head*



Yvonne: “Baby steps, baby steps.”



Wynne autonomously started playing peekaboo with Austen.

What gives?



Wynne: “Keep your friends close but your enemies closer.”

Enemies? She’s your baby sister!



Austen: “Enenamwies!”



Austen: *giggle*



Yvonne: “Bath time for baby!”



Yvonne: “Rub a dub dub!”



Andrea: “Come to mama, baby!”



I think she needs a bit more guidance first, Andrea.

Andrea: *sigh* “Right, back to the beginning.”



Andrea: “Come to Mama! Good girl!”



Wynne: “It’s raining outside?!”



Wynne: “I hate rain!”

Vote for Wynne if you too hate rain.



Double birthdays!



Oldest baby goes first!

Into the troublesome teenagehood she goes!



You’re gorgeous, Wynnie!

Wynne: “Aww, yeah!”

She rolled Fortune with a LTW of becoming a Hall of Famer, and her turn ons are brown hair and facial hair, and her turn off is black hair. I guess she wants a little more variation in her genetics.



Next up is Austen!

And now Andrea and Yvonne can focus a little more on their careers.



A one and a two and-



Austen: “Hands!”



Wynne: “Did you pick my outfit?”

I did.

Wynne: “I love it!”

You’re so pretty, Wynnie… I would absolutely make you heir right now if I wasn’t so determined for equality in voting.

Wynne: “Ugh, sucking up does nothing!”



I made the bedroom a little bigger and made Wynne’s side a bit more sporty even though she looks the exact opposite of a sporty person… But, appearances are always deceiving.



Austen: “Am I cute?”

Of course you are, little Austen!



Wait, so you went to bed and then as soon as you woke up you went to go find a job?

Wynne: “I want to be an overachiever.”

That only works if you get to the top of your career, y’know.

Wynne: “You don’t think I’ll be able to.”

No, no! I… Never mind. If you think this will win you points in the heir race then go for it.



A nice little Sunday morning picture: Andrea serving omelettes whilst Yvonne and Austen have a little bonding time.



Austen: “Hey, Mama? Where do babies come from?”



Wynne: “…”



Andrea: “That’s… Uh… You… Um… You’ll learn when you get older.”

Yvonne: “Smooth.”



Wynne: “Hey, Austen, gimme your hands.”

Austen: “Um…”



Austen: “I don’t think so… you might hurt me.”



Wynne: “All I want to do is play a little game with you, Austen.”

Austen: “Let’s play catch outside then! It’s nice and warm!”

Wynne: *sigh* “Alright.”



Austen: “Don’t throw too hard though!”



Wynne: *chuckle* “Sure!”



Whoa!

Austen: *shriek*



Austen: “Hey! I said don’t throw it too hard!”



Wynne: “Heh heh, sorry!”

I know you’re not really sorry, Wynnie.

Wynne: “I said I was sorry.”

Hmm…



Wow! Lobster thermidor? When did you master cooking?

Wynne: “Just now. Be amazed by my culinary skills!”



Uh… WYNNE!



Wynne: “OH MY GOD NO! IF I BURN THE HOUSE DOWN, I’LL NEVER BE HEIR!”

NEVER MIND THAT, CALL THE FIRE BRIGADE!



Andrea: “OHMYGOD, WHERE’S THE FIRE ALARM!?”

Yvonne: “GRAY, WHERE’S OUR FIRE ALARM?!”

Alright… So… this might have been my fault completely…

At least, Andrea called the fire brigade so no more damage can be done!



Wynne: “Dang frammit… Why am I cleaning this up?”

Look, I rectified my mistake and put the fire alarm back. Who knows Wynne, this might look good for you. It adds some humility.

Wynne: “You think so?”

Sure… why not?

After that disastrous ending I think we'll call it quits here!

See you next chapter!!

2 comments:

  1. Another girl oops, I got it wrong again!

    I have to say Wynne is growing on me. She's really gorgeous! But I'm not going to rule Austen out just yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! This generation was female-centric lmfaO

      Wynne's adorable, it's hard for her not to grow on you hehe

      Delete