Wednesday 22 November 2017

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 1, Chapter 4: Belated Honeymoon


Spoiler-y title card is a minor spoiler but it's not that important.

Welcome back to the Literal Booker Legacy!!

Previously: Yvonne and Andrea graduated, became employed, married, and gave birth to two beautiful girls: Wynne (Diana Wynne Jones) and Austen (Jane Austen). Wynne became a teenager whilst Austen reached childhood in the previous chapter!

Let's read on to see what other hi-jinks this four female family will get into!



Austen: “Dear diary, today Wynne tried to burn down the house and I feel I can use this as a chance to get ahead in the heir race.”

I guess they truly are related.



Off to school for both Booker sisters! I like how they shield their eyes in the summer because the sun’s a little harsh.



Have fun at high school!

Wynne: “I think you removed the fire alarm on purpose to get rid of me.”

Alright, save the conspiracy theories for any other time.



How does it feel to know you’re one promotion away from perma-plat!

Andrea: “I am exhausted and I want to sleep.”

I think you deserve a good… afternoon’s sleep.



Meanwhile, Yvonne networks outside.

Yvonne: “Yeah, my wife just doesn’t believe a desk job is what she wants. She’s a free spirit.”



Oh hey, Wynnie, welcome home! How was school?

Wynne: “I hate everything and everyone. Don’t talk to me.”

… You’re smiling.

Wynne: “Did I stutter?”

*gulp*



Wynne: “Mom, you’re sitting on the lawn in your bathrobe...”

Yvonne: “I’m networking.”

Wynne: “God, you’re embarrassing.”



So, Austen brought Gabriella Newson home… She’s stuck in the sim bin because her family is… a nightmare, honestly.



Thankfully, Sofia Baldwin arrived on the lot at random and I sent little Austen to talk to her.

They didn't hit it off...



Wynne: *cough, cough* “I’m sick, guys.”

Aww no, poor baby, get some rest. But… do your homework first.

Wynne: “You have no sympathy for sick people!”



Congrats on reaching that A+, Austen!



Austen: “Mama! I got an A+!”

I'm getting a sense of déjà vu here.

Yvonne is at work and Andrea is in bed and nothing had changed in this household since Wynne was a child.



Hey! Yvonne! You’re nearly at the top of the Intelligence career aaaand your youngest daughter is becoming a teenager tonight! How are you feeling, young padawan?

Yvonne: “I feel like I have 4 days left until elderhood.”

Huh? *checks* Oh… I guess those days when you were unemployed were imperative…

Yvonne: “I’ll say…”

Well, it doesn’t matter; it’s time to go celebrate!



Everyone’s gathered to celebrate this momentous occasion: no more dependent sims in the house!

Wynne: “I feel like that’s more a celebration for you than for us.”

What can I say? Andrea and Yvonne can focus 100% on their careers and you two can look after yourselves. I’m a happy simmer. I play to win.



Yvonne: “That’s my baby!”

Austen: “I wish to be prettier than Wynne.”



Austen: “Here I go!”



Austen: “Whoa.”

Whoa.

Austen rolls Popularity with the lifetime want of becoming a Rock God. Her turn ons are jewellery and red hair and her turn off is custom hair.

Austen: “I’m not ruling out either men or women.”



Austen: “Gray, I am prettier than Wynne!”

Well, it’s objective to individuals, but you look different and I think that’s important in this kind of thing.

Austen: “Blah blah blah, I’m prettier.”

… Sure.



Yvonne: “Andi, do you hear that?”

Andrea: “What? What am I listening for?”

Yvonne: “Nothing. It’s silent. Both the kids are in bed, there are no screaming babies, no yelling toddlers, and no whining children asking for food. The house is nearly ours again.”

Andrea: “Silence… It’s never sounded so good.”



Yvonne: “I was glad to share this adventure with you. I wouldn’t have picked anybody else.”

Andrea: “I’ll admit… I’m a little sad to have missed out on pregnancy but our two beautiful girls are more than enough.”



Andrea: “I love you, Yvonne Booker.”

Yvonne: “I love you too, Andrea Booker.”

I think these two deserve some privacy.



Austen: “So… what am I doing on the PC again?”

You’re looking for a job; you want to be an overachiever, right?

Austen: “I guess.”

It might give you an extra step in the heirship race.

Austen: “Alright then.”



Wynne: “Man, I’m so tired having to go to school, then work, and then do homework. Being an overachiever is so hard but so… lucrative!”

You’re laying it on rather thick here, Wynnie.

Austen: “Chill out, sis, I’ve applied to the Adventurer branch.”

Wynne: “Wait… what?”

Austen: “I’m going to try for the overachiever goal too.”

Wynne: “Wh… Bu… Tha- Gray!”

Alright girls, time for a chat.



Okay, so I gathered you here for a reason and I think both of you are aware what it will be.

Wynne: “You’re going to skip the voting and name one of us heir right now?”

Um, no. Sorry. What’s going to happen is Wynne, you’re going to college in a few days, and then Austen will be following you very soon. When you both enter college a voting poll will be set up and whoever wins the most votes will become heir.

Austen: “So… we’re basically competing?”

To put it lightly… Yes. You’re competing with each other. Technically… You always have been. Just, work hard and hope for the best.

Anyway, I have a surprise to plan for your mothers so get to bed!



Psst! Andrea! Yvonne! Wake up!



Andrea: “Oh God… what do you want?”

Yvonne: “Just ignore her, she’ll go away.”

Oi! And to think I was planning a nice surprise for you. Get up!



Yvonne: “Alright, alright… This better be good.”

Oh it is!



But first you have to book a shuttle!

Andrea: “What is your plan, you… person… Nailed it.”



It’s here! I hope you’ve packed a suitcase!



Yvonne: “Hmm, I get the sneaking suspicion we’re going on holiday.”

Andrea: “Ooh, I hope it’s somewhere warm.”

Oh… um…



Concierge: “Hello and welcome to Hunter’s Bedrock Inn. How many of you will be stay with us?”

Yvonne: “Just two.”

Concierge: “And for how long?”

Yvonne: “Two nights.”

Concierge: “Alright, just sign here and you’ll be taken to your room.”



Yvonne: “Jet lag is the worst thing.”

Tell me about it.

Yvonne: “So, why did you choose Three Lakes?”

I don’t usually come to this vacation spot so I thought it’d be nice for a change.

Yvonne: “So one of my damn descendants will get a nice warm holiday and I’m stuck here.”

You’ll have a great time! I saw a hot tub outside.



Yvonne: “Better make use of this since we don’t have one at home.”



Stranger: “So, did you come here alone?”

Yvonne: “Nope, my wife and I are here on our honeymoon.”

Stranger: “Well, congrats! I hope you have a long and happy marriage.”

Yvonne: “Oh, we’ve been married for a while; we also have two teenage daughters who are probably cause havoc at home whilst I speak; we just couldn’t afford to go until now.”



After feeling refreshed and recuperated they both joined in on the slap dance and learnt it very quickly! Hooray! Something to pass down to the kids!



And then they chowed down on some local cuisine. Yvonne tucked into the char-broiled catfish whilst Andrea chose the chicken pot pie. No flapjacks? They’re the delicacy of this area.

Yvonne: “Maybe in the morning.”



Andrea: “Yvonne! Don’t you dare roll me into the water.”

Yvonne: “It’s the name of the game, babe! Don’t hate the player!”



Andrea: “Woo, I’m stable.”

Yvonne: “You sure?”



Andrea: “YVOOOOOONNE!”



*splash!*



Aw, look at them, all tuckered out from their mini adventure. It’s hard to believe they’re both so close to elderhood. Sigh…



The next day they decided to relax a little more and do some souvenir shopping. Andrea decided to buy some clothes to suit the environment a little more.

Andrea: “Yvonne’s going to look so hot in this outfit I chose for her!”



Andrea: “Hmm, I hope these fake axes aren’t sharp… We may be having little children running around again soon and I don’t want them to get hurt.”

Old man: “Damn it woman I want to pick that Bit o’ Vug up!”



What have you got there, Yvonne?

Yvonne: “Oh, just a couple of video games for the girls.”



Yvonne: “Damn I am living the butch life in this outfit! Thanks, baby!”

Andrea: “My god, we’re a pair of gorgeous lesbians.”



Server: “It’s unusual to see friends come up to the mountains for the weekend, they usually go to Twikki Island.”

Yvonne: “We’re not friends.”

Andrea: “We’re married, this is our honeymoon.”



Server: “Well, damn.”



I love this photo so much, you’ll never know.



To go along with their day of relaxation and shopping, I decided to send my ladies to a spa.



Yvonne got a deep tissue massage, that frankly looks a little painful…



Whilst Andrea sweated out her worries in the sauna.



Yvonne: “Dang, that was a good massage. Do you mind showing me how to do that?”

Masseuse: “Certainly, that’ll be $500.”

Yvonne: “… This better be a long lesson, lady.”



Neither of you look to happy to be in the rejuvenating hot springs?

Andrea: “We wanted to be alone.”

On a community lot? Good luck.



Andrea: “Well, we’re alone now.”

Alright, I can take a hint. Just make sure you get up early tomorrow so you can check out.



Concierge: “Checking out so soon?”

Yvonne: “Yeah, we’ve decided to rough it out under the stars on our last night. We’ve never been camping before.”

Oh, trust me you’re in for a real treat.



Concierge: “Just sign here and here and we hope to see you again.”

Yvonne: “No… This will be the last time you’ll see either of us.”

…Don’t make me sad, Yvonne. This is a happy time!



Off to the next accommodation!



Getting acquainted with the tents?

Yvonne: “No, getting acquainted in the tents.”

What are you- OH! Not in a public camping site!

Yvonne: “Heh!”



With their last day hanging over their heads, the Booker wives decided to have a little competition with the axes.



And it looks like Yvonne wins.



Andrea: “So, this is our last day here and we’d like to go on a nature trail please.”

Tour Guide: “Certainly. There are rumours that you may stubble upon a secret map whilst hiking in the mountains.”

Ooh! That sounds exciting! Have fun!



Hey, you came back safe and soun- Where are you going?

Yvonne: “It’s a secret.”

… Alright, I guess you and I will find out in the next chapters then readers!

See you next time!

2 comments:

  1. Aww a nice lover's holiday for the parents - soon to be grandparents!

    Austen grew up really pretty! I don't know who I want to win, but I think I'm leaning a bit more for Wynne!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, you're thinking WAY ahead now lmao, Wynne and Austen still need to go to university!

      Delete