Saturday 25 November 2017

The Literal Booker Legacy - Generation 1, Chapter 5: You're Going To Miss Me, Aren't You?


Welcome back to the Literal Booker Legacy!! This is the final chapter of the 1st generation before we head into those crazy college years!

Previously: Yvonne and Andrea graduated college, gained jobs, and held a quickie marriage in their living room. Their marriage accumulated in two girls being born: Wynne, named after Diana Wynne Jones, and Austen, named after Jane Austen. Both girls are now teenagers and are thinking about college.



Bigfoot: "Hmm, my human senses are tingling... Better hide!"


Andrea: “I think this is it…”

Yvonne: “It’s just a cabin in the woods, what’s so secretive about that?”


Wow, it’s Bigfoot! Someone call Buzzfeed Unsolved.

Andrea: “He’s… he’s just dancing…”


Yvonne: “Whoa, so he is real… Why is he just dancing there?”

Andrea: “No idea…”

Yvonne: “Hello! Mr Bigfoot!”

That’ll get his attention.

Andrea: “Do you want to hang out?”

Like that’ll work…


Andrea: “So, all I’m saying is that I won’t trade my beautiful family in for all the gold in the world. I just won’t do it. Nuh uh.”

Yvonne: “Andi… we were talking about the Belladonna Witches.”

Andrea: “Oh…”


Whoa… Wait, where did the rest of my photos go?

Andrea: “Bigfoot deleted them.”

He did what?!

Andrea: “And now it’s time to go home.”

Wait… It is!?


Oh… Well, I guess it is…

Let’s go see how the girls are getting on.


Austen: “What’s that sound?”

Wynne: “The Moms are home!”

Austen: “Oh! I hope they brought presents!”


Andrea: “Wynnie! My big grown up baby! How are you?”

Wynne: “Mommy! I missed you.”

The Moms… Mommy? You’re so transparent, Wynne.


Yvonne: “I’m so glad Wynne didn’t burn the house down whilst we were gone.”

Austen: “Like I would let her do that.”

And get all the comedy votes from the viewers, right?


So, speaking of votes, you two have something to do.

You need to get those scholarships.

Austen: “Oh man! I only got two!”

Well, better get working on those skills and on your job then.


Wynne: “Sweet! I got four!”

Nice one, Wynne!

You’ll be going off soon anyway so I don’t think you need anymore, to be honest.


Austen, I don’t think that’s the more suitable outfit to wear in the middle of winter.

Austen: “It’s my work outfit.”

… It’s a something outfit, alright.


Ooh, Wynne, what are you baking with your mastered cooking skill today?

Wynne: “Cheesecake.”


Thank God there are no pregnant sims on this lot.

Wynne: “Yet.”

… Are you trying to kill me?

Wynne: “When I become heir, you’ll find out.”

If. If you become heir.

Wynne: “When.”


Wynne: “Dang I look good in these PJs.”


Wynne: “W-wait! What are those on my face?”


Wynne: “Oh God I have Mount Versimvius on my face!”

Versimvius. Heh.


Wynne: “I gotta fix this right now!”


Wynne: “Must get the abduction scholarship before I move out tomorrow.”

Aren’t you cold?

Wynne: “Fr-fr-freezing.”

… Being heir isn’t this important; if you die, Austen automatically becomes heir.

Wynne: “… I’m going back inside.”


Yvonne, my sweet founder, today is the day you wander into realm of elderhood. How are you feeling?

Yvonne: “I feel like I need to master the logic skill before I age.”

If it’ll get you into platinum, then go right ahead.


Yvonne: “Wynnie, you’re off to college tonight. Are you excited?”

Wynne: “Going to college is one step closer to becoming heir to this legacy. Of course I’m excited!”

Yvonne: “Y’know, I met your Mom at college.”


Wynne: “Speaking of Mom, she’s walking around in her underwear!”

Yvonne: “Andrea?!”


Nope, just me.

Yvonne: “I’ve been had!”


Yvonne: “Wynne! What the hell!?”


Yvonne: “You mastered logic already, why are you cheating!?”

Wynne: “For the fun of it?”


Wynne: “You’re going to miss me when I’m gone, aren’t you?”


Yvonne: “Yeah… I will. I really will, baby girl.”

Wynne: “Alright, enough of the sappiness, let’s get on with game.”


Yvonne: “This feels foreboding.”

Andrea: “I can’t wait to go into retirement with you.”


Yvonne: “I wish for an easy elderhood and a lot of grandchildren.”


Yvonne: “Here I go!”


Yvonne: “Oh God, my back is aching!”


Elegant, exactly what I expected of you, Yvonne.


A quick makeover before Wynne moves out for college.


A fond farewell for the first born!


Wynne: “At least I’ll be away from you, Gray.”

Um… Wynne… I’ll be with you at college, you know.

Wynne: “Oh what!”


Bye Wynnie!


This room suddenly feels really lonely without her.


Hey, Austen, can’t sleep?

Austen: “I wonder how she’ll be on her own.”

I’m sure she’ll be perfectly fine.


YES! And just before your birthday!

Well done!


Andrea: “I won’t lie, Yvonne, I’m a little scared to grow older.”

Yvonne: “But we’ll be doing this together, you aren’t alone.”


Andrea: “Yes, I suppose so. This is just another little step in our adventure.”

Yvonne: “Exactly!” *toot*


Andrea: “I wish for lots of grandbabies!”

You dream big.


Andrea: “Here I go-!”


Oh… boy… We’ll fix this soon.


Austen, you have the day off tomorrow?

Austen: “Aren’t you going to congratulate me on achieving the overachiever goal?”

Oh yes, well done! Everyone’s succeeding in careers today.

Austen: “Hm… But yes, to answer your question, I do have the day off tomorrow.”


Awesome! Let’s go shopping!

Austen: “On one condition!”


Austen: “I get to play some pool and flirt with some cuties.”

Go right ahead. I already got what I needed earlier.


Austen: “So… you basically never age?”

Random boy: “Nope! We are stuck like this forever.”

Austen: “Huh… interesting and… a little terrifying. I think I’ll pass.”

Alright… Time to go home then, I guess.


Time change your clothes because I’m sick of your outfit, haha!


I might change your hair as well, Austen.

Austen: “Ugh, nasty ugly zits!”

Yeah, tell me about it…


I told you I’d fix you, Andrea!

Andrea: “I’m on the phone!”

To whom?!

Andrea: “Wynne- Sorry, sweetie, what were you saying?”

Wynne: “I was just letting you know I’ve met someone and it’s pretty serious. He’s really good looking and I can’t wait for you and Mom to meet him.”

Andrea: “That sounds wonderful. Your little sister’s been having a bit of trouble in that department.”

Wynne: “Y’don’t say…”


Austen: “OI! I hear you gossiping in the kitchen, Mama!”

Wynne: “Austen, it’s been a while.”

Austen: “You say a while but it feels like a few hours. The house feels so nice and empty without you. I’ve taken down that signed poster-“

Wynne: “NO! You didn’t! You’re lying, you little-“

Austen: “Oop! Gotta go, I’ve got to apply for more scholarships.”

… How are you two so bent on a sibling rivalry, you know you’ll be living together at college, right?


Andrea: “Yes, Wynne, I know. She’s lying; Austen hasn’t touched your side of the room… There’s no need to call her such names! You two will be living together in a few days without me or your Mom there to referee so maybe chill out a little bit?”

Austen: “Mom, can you get off the phone so I can call the college?”

Andrea: “I have to go, sweetheart. Yes, I’ll call you later. Take care!”


Oh, hey, Yvonne! Nice perma-plat you got there!


The career reward for Oceanography is a koi pond. I decided to put it outside and when I refurbish the house for the second generation, it’ll have a nice little home in the front garden.


Andrea: “I don’t understand why the girls were so obsessed with this telescope?”

… Andrea, it’s just best to let it go. You’ll never understand.


Ever since Andrea grew old, these two have been autonomously romancing each other. Still very much in love, even after all these years.


One of Yvonne’s favourite flirting tactic is to serenade Andrea. I wonder what she sings to her.


Austen: “Hi! I’m having a bit of trouble finding a partner. Could you come over and give me a hand?”

Who are you calling?


Ohhhh, the matchmaker… That makes sense.


Matchmaker: “So you wish for a blind date? Which gender do you prefer?”

Austen: “I’m not fussed. Just give me someone at random.”


Matchmaker: “I see a happy future on the horizon. It’ll only cost you on lump sum of $5,000!”

Austen: “Whoa, that’s steep. Thank God that the Moms got promoted to the top of their careers.”


Cherry Tan: “Oof!”

Matchmaker: “Your perfect match has arrived.”

I wouldn’t say perfect… Her preferred hair colour is red and you gave her a black haired girl…


Austen: “Hi there, I’m Austen.”

Cherry: “Cherry Tan. Can you explain to me why I fell out of the sky and onto your lawn?”


Austen: “It's because you are an angel.”

OH YECK! I know who you take after, Austen.

Cherry: “Hihi, that’s so cute.”

Unfortunately, their date ended lukewarm but they became friends so there’s some potential!


Meanwhile the epitome of “perfect match” is playing catch on the lawn in the dead of night.


The next day…

Austen: “Hey, Cherry, you wanna go bowling with me?”

Cherry: “Are you asking me on another date?”

Austen: “Um… yes?”

Cherry: “Great! Come pick me up!”


Austen: “Oh my God, are they dancing on the lawn now?”

You’re just jealous.

Austen: “Of what? Of not being old and married?”

Well…

Austen: “You can’t exactly say I’m single right now.”

You have prospects, you’re not dating-

Austen: “I’m going on a date!”

Okay, but you’ll be late for that date if we continue to argue semantics so go!


Austen: “I know I saw you last night but I can’t get you off my mind.”

Cherry: “Austen, I feel the exact same way.”


Austen: “Hi, table for two please.”

Cherry, thinking: "Hmm, the maître d' has the same hairstyle as me..."


Austen: “So, truth be told, I’m a first generation legacy sim.”

Cherry: “Wait, you’re a legacy sim!? Tell me more!”

Austen: “My sister and I are actually competing to be heiress and some random strangers are going to choose our destinies.”

Cherry: “So, I could end up being a legacy spouse?”

Austen: “Well, ye- wAIT!”

Wow, she thinks far, far ahead… You picked a good one, Austen.


Austen: “You smell sweet just like that nectarine pie.”


So now you’re going bowling?

Austen: “Always have a meal before you do any strenuous exercise.”


I keep fast-fowarding through their date because Cherry is so finicky and will only accept certain actions. BUT! Good news for Austen!


One of the actions she accepted was her first kiss!


Austen: “You’re just so cute!”

Cherry: “Hihi, I think you’re the cuter one.”

Blegh.


Austen: “So, we’re a pair of cuties. How about we make this official?”

Cherry: “That sounds great to me!”

And a dream date was accomplished!


Austen: “Time to go home now!”

You’ve achieved your goal for the day, huh?

Austen: “I just wanted a relationship to get in line with Wynne.”

Can you just… stop trying to one up each other? It’s really infuriating. I’ve never known first generation legacy sims be so competitive, it usually occurs a couple of generations in…


Austen: “They’re still dancing.”

They’re happy, leave them be!

Austen: “Right… I’m gonna go watch some TV.”

Good idea- ah wait, I need to speak to you!


Austen: “Oh God, every time you come around the Belladonna Witches do badly. You’re a bad luck charm!”

I… I would feel insulted but I’m here for a reason. It’s about Cherry.


Austen: “What about her?”

You have black hair, she has black hair. You have brown eyes and she has brown eyes. I’m just stating you two have very little variation.

Austen: “Not true! I have blonde in me.”

Well… yes, but… that’s not enough, really.


Austen: “Are you telling me to break up with her?”

No! You’re not breaking the rules by dating her; I just wanted to point out how little variation you two have in terms of genetics.

Austen: “Will it look bad?”

… I don’t know, really? Just as long as you’re happy, I think you’ll be okay.


Speaking of Cherry, look who left a bouquet of roses for Austen!


Austen: “Hey, Cherry, thanks for the roses. They’re gorgeous.”

Cherry: “Just like you, hihi!

Austen: “Um… Cherry, I… I have to go to college tomorrow. Do you think you’d be able to come with me?”

Cherry: “Sure! That sounds fun!


Excited?

Austen: “Is there a console in the house?”

Yes, yes there is.

Austen: “Then, I’m very excited!”

How long do you think it'll take for her to realise I just lied straight through my teeth?


Austen: “Hello, one taxi to Academie La Tour, please!”


Austen: “Yeck, at least I’m getting away from this nonsense.”

Andrea: “Have fun at college, Austen!”

Yvonne: “Don’t hurry home!”


And thus the last of the first generation children leaves the lot to venture to the big wide world.


Andrea: “The house is ours again after so long!”

Yvonne: “And I know exactly what to do-“

No house parties!

Yvonne: “Oh Gray, you suck all the fun out of everything.”


And here they are in all of their young adult glory.

Now, if you'll excuse me, Bigfoot is needing a lesson in pain for stealing my photos.

2 comments:

  1. Heehee, I loved the first generation!
    Maxed out skills for Wynne too that's impressive!
    Poor Austen and her troubles in romance, it is sad that Cherry doesn't have different colors, but Austen can still pass on the blond gene! If she's heir that is :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is heir!! She's carrying on the second generation rn! If you're still interested you can read it and lemme know what you think of the new generation of Bookers! <3

      Thanks again for your comments <3

      Delete