Friday 15 December 2017

The Literal Booker Legacy - The College Years: Part 2, Lay Alone


Hello and welcome back the Literal Booker legacy!

Previously, Austen and Wynne entered their college years with their partners and moved into a shiny new house that will be used for all the future Booker kids.

An heir poll was also held and the results are in.

Curious to see who's won? Read on...



The next day, Amar awoke early, excited at the prospects of receiving the news of the latest heir poll for the Booker legacy. He stared proudly down at his girlfriend, hoping to be the husband of a well-loved matriarch.

(Yes they're sleeping in Austen and Cherry's bed again... Nasties.)


The news came in just after breakfast and Wynne quickly ran down to the kitchen when Austen called out that the results had been announced.

Austen: “Well, do you want the good news or the bad news?”

Wynne: “The good news, obviously.”

Austen: “Okay… Whew… The good news is you’ll be outliving me.”


Wynne: “What do you mean?”

Austen: “It means I’m heir, Wynne. I won. 2 to 1.”

Wynne: “Oh… Well… I suppose that’s how it goes…”

Austen: “I don’t think she’s very happy.”

Well, would you be if you were in her shoes?


Austen: “I’m going to call The Moms and tell them the news.”

Cherry: “Are… Are you okay, Wynne?”

Wynne: “…”


Just after calling Yvonne and Andrea, Austen secretly made a reservation at Londoste, a pricy but well-received restaurant downtown.

Austen: “Tonight is all about celebration, my love.”


Cherry: “You’re such a charmer, Austen.”


Austen: “What do you say? How about we live our teenage years and go on another date? We’ve been well due for one.”

Cherry: “Well, I can’t exactly say no!”

Cherry, in case you forgot, is a pleasure sim, whilst Austen is a popularity sim.


Waitress: “Good evening, our special tonight is lobster thermidor. The chef completely recommends it.”

Austen: “That sounds good.”

Cherry: “Yeah, it does. We’ll take that then, please.”

Waitress: “Certainly, ladies.”


Austen: “Honestly, considering the reviews the place got, I was expecting a bit more.”

Cherry: “Oh, I don’t know. I quite like it.”


Austen: “I suppose with you here, the place is just instantly brighter.”

Cherry: “You’re being suspiciously sweet today, Austen.”

Austen: “I suppose I just have reason to be. I’m going to be taking over my mother’s legacy as matriarch. It’s all I’ve ever wanted… besides you in my life, of course.”


Cherry: “At least this place is quick and efficient.”

Austen: “I suppose so.”


Austen: “Honestly though, Wynne makes better lobster at home. Don’t you think so?”

Cherry: “That’s the first time I’ve heard you say something nice about your sister.”

Austen: “Well, the rivalry’s over now. I have nothing to hold against her but I doubt she feels the same.”


Cute girlfriend picture spam begins!





Cherry: “Oh, stop, you’re making me blush. Stop being so sweet, Austen!”

End of spam!


Austen: “Actually, I’m going to be honest. There’s another reason as to why I set up this meal tonight.”

Cherry: “What would that be?”


Austen: “As I was saying earlier, I have reason to be in a good mood today. I won the heiress poll and I’ve realised there’s nothing more I want in the world than to run the next generation of Bookers with you by my side.”

Cherry: “Austen… Are you-?”


Austen: “Yes, I’m asking if you, Cherry Tan, would do me the honour of becoming my wife.”


Cherry: “Oh my gosh! I don’t know what to say!”

Austen: “A yes would be nice.”


Cherry: “Oh silly, the answers was always yes!”


Cherry: “Aw, it’s perfect!”


Austen: “Just like you.”


Austen: “Before we order desserts to celebrate our engagement, how about a toast?”

Cherry: “A toast to us and our happy future!”


Austen: “Let’s give my moms a run for their money for being the happiest couple.”

Cherry: “Hear, hear!”





Waitress: “Are you ladies done for the evening or would you perhaps like to have dessert? It will be on the house as a gift towards your engagement this evening.”


Austen: “Well, we were going to have dessert anyway, but if it’s free…”


Austen: “I’ll have the crepes suzette, please.”


Cherry: “And a nectarine tartelette for me, please?”

Waitress: “Certainly, our chef will get right on that.”


Cherry: “I’m glad we came here after all. Free desserts is a win in my book!”


Cherry: “This tartelette is definitely better than the one I had at the bowling alley on our first date.”


Austen: “Mind if I…?”

Cherry: “No, go ahead.”


Austen: “Mmm, it’s delicious!”

Cherry: “I told you.”


Austen: “Want to try a bit of my crepes suzette?”

Cherry: “Ooh, yes please!”








Cherry: “Mmm, yummy!”


Soon after finishing their desserts, Austen paid for the meal and was immediately pounced on by her fiancée the moment the two left the establishment.

Cherry: “I know I should hold back until we get home but…”

Austen: “Don’t you ever hold back.”


Cherry: “Today’s been an absolute dream, Austen. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with you.”

Austen: “I feel the same. It won’t be easy, but there’s no one else I’d rather share this journey with but you.”


Cherry: “So… remember what you said about not holding back…?”


Austen: “Oh, I remember.”


Cherry: “I think I hear you sister coming home from class.”

Austen: “Well, better go and tell her the good news.”


Wynne: “So, how was your date?”

Cherry: “Ah, you know… We had a celebratory meal… Got engaged.”

Wynne: “… Wait, you’re engaged?!”


Austen: “Good morning soon to be Mrs Booker.”

Cherry: “It’s too early in the morning for you to be this cute.”

Austen: “Hehe, I understand. I’ll be quiet until lunch time.”


Amar: “So, I know you think I’m not attentive enough but I decided to spoil you and take you out to a real nice place downtown for a date.”

Wynne: “Oh, you are too good to me!”


Wynne: “This is a diner, Amar.”

Amar: “What, did you think I could afford Londoste like your sister?”

Wynne: “If it was for one night only, I’m sure you could scrape the money together somehow? Am I not worth Londoste to you?”


Amar: “Of course you are, but only when I can afford the outrageous prices there…”

Wynne: “This place better have good food, Amar, I swear to God.”

Amar: “It will, I’ve been here a few times myself. It has the best burgers in town.”


Waitress: “Welcome to Red’s Diner, known for having the best burgers this side of the city. What can I get y’all?”


Amar: “Burgers for the both of us please. I’ll take a side of chilli cheese fries as well please.”

Waitress: “Certainly. And you, darlin’?”

Wynne: “Oh, no, just the burger for me, please.”

Waitress: “Comin’ right up.”


Amar: “So, with your sister engaged I’m wondering when my proposal will come. I can’t wait to be the first Mr Booker.”


Wynne: “Amar… what are you talking about? I lost. Austen’s heiress.”


Amar: “No… What are you talking about? You lost the poll? How? You told me you were practically heiress when we first got together.”

Wynne: “No, I only said I was a legacy sim. There’s a difference.”


Wynne: “Are you saying you only got with me because you wanted to be in a legacy.”

Amar: “No…”

Wynne: “You’re a god-awful liar, you son of a-“

Waitress: “Here are your burgers and your side of chilli cheese fries!"


The two sat in complete silence, eating their burgers. The atmosphere grew ominous the longer the silence continued.


Amar: “Um… so… I told you these were the best burgers.”


Wynne: “Amar, I’m really mad at you. You hurt my feelings; don’t think you can try to fix this with mediocre burgers.”


Amar: “Jeez, I was just trying to lighten the mood up.”

Wynne: “Well, don’t.”


Amar: *belch*

Wynne, thinking: “What did I ever see in him?”


Wynne: “Hey, um, Gray, wanna fast forward to the end of this catastrophe?”

Absolutely!


Amar: “You didn’t have to embarrass me back there, Wynne.”

Wynne: “Oh, Amar, you have no idea how embarrassed I am.”

Amar: “What do you have to be embarrassed about?”

Wynne: “The fact I wasted the past five years of my life with someone who never loved me for who I am. I always had a feeling you were only with me for my legacy name but… to hear you confirm it just shattered me.”


Amar: “Well, I guess this is goodbye then.”

Wynne: “I guess so.”


You’re just going to let him walk away, Wynne?

Wynne: “I’m not wasting my life with someone like him… I just want to go home. Let me go home, please?”


Austen: “Hey, you two were out late. So… where’s the ring?”

Wynne: “There is no ring and there is no ‘us two’ anymore.”


Austen: “What… What do you mean?”

Wynne: “Amar and I broke up. It turned out he was only using me to get into the legacy and now that he won’t get that chance, he threw me away like a wet paper towel.”


Austen: “That son of a-“

Wynne: “Yeah, I said something similar.”


Austen: “Oh, Wynne, I’m so sorry.”

Wynne: “Don’t worry about me, Austen. I’m going to bed now… alone…”


And for the first time in five years, Wynne went to sleep alone.


The next morning, Wynne got up early and made pancakes for the whole house.


Cherry was up before Austen and got a chance to talk to Wynne alone in the kitchen. Thinking that without her sister around, Wynne would open up a little easier.

Cherry: “Morning, Wynne. I heard what happened last night and I just want you to know if you need anything, I’m here for you.”


Wynne: “Thanks but, I’m okay. He was only a boy, after all…”

Cherry: “Yes… I suppose so…”


However, Wynne began to spiral quickly. Skipping multiple showers and only living in her pyjamas, Wynne would spend her time watching TV…


… And talking to strangers on a sports forum where she discussed the recent games of the Belladonna Witches. The strangers, hidden behind anonymity, were kind and friendly and Wynne found herself using them as a crutch without realising how deeply she was spiralling.


Along with all that, Wynne, who prided herself in creating complex and delicious meals to showcase her cooking talents, began to cook simple meals, claiming to be too tired to cook.


Mac and cheese became her staple meal despite constantly griping about her distaste for the food.


Cherry: “Austen, I’m worried about your sister… I think she’s depressed. Could you go talk to her? I think she needs her sister.”


Austen: “I may be her sister, Cherry, but don’t forget I’m not exactly her favourite person in the world… But… I’ll try.”


Austen: “Hey, Wynne, whatcha up to?”

Wynne: “Nothing…”


Austen: “Wow, the sky’s nice out here. We never saw the sky look this clear back home, right?”

Wynne: “Yeah, I guess…”


Austen: “I know this week’s been rough. It can’t have been easy losing something you’ve worked so hard for and someone you loved at the same time. I can’t imagine how you must be feeling, but, we really miss the old Wynne. The snarky Wynne with mean comments.”

Wynne: “I don’t want to be that Wynne anymore.”

Austen: “I understand… Could you just talk to us at least? Let us know what’s on your mind. We love you, Wynne, and we want you to be okay.”


Wynne: “Oh wow! A shooting star!”


Austen: “You’re right! Make a wish, Wynne!”

Wynne: “I already did.”

Austen: “What did you wish for?”

Wynne: “Well, I can’t tell you or else it won’t come true.”


Austen: “Well, it’s getting nippy out here. I’m going back inside. You coming with?”

Wynne: “No… I’ll stay out here for a little longer.”


Austen: “Alright, Wynne…”


Wynne: “Wait!”


Wynne: “Thank you, Austen, for talking to me. I needed that.”

Austen: “Anytime Wynne, you may be a pain but you’re still my big sister and I love you.”

Wynne: “… I love you too…”


Over the next few days, Wynne took on a new transformation. She quickly reverted back to herself, wearing her everyday clothes and finally showering after a week of skipping out.

Wynne: “Alright, Wynne, time to fight and survive. Amar won’t get you down anymore.”


The years went by and soon Austen, Cherry, and Wynne had reached their Junior years. Wynne, being a year ahead of them was already close to graduating whilst the couple had just entered.

Austen: “I’m so happy we only have two more years left and then we leave this place and start our new lives together.”


Emotions were clearly running high amongst the house.


Wynne, with only a few weeks left until graduation, threw herself into her studies.


But, also found time to meet up with her friends on the Belladonna Witches sub-forum on SimSports.net.


In fact, she visited it so much she ended up maxing her enthusiasm in her favourite hobby. Nothing could bring Wynne down now.


Austen and Cherry continued to stay in pre-marital bliss. The excitement of graduation and the impending wedding would’ve stressed any regular couple to their wits ends but these two were simply happy to spend every morning together, knowing how lucky they were to have one another.


Wynne: “So, I’ve been thinking about your wedding and I want you to know that if you’re planning on throwing a big bash – my mom hates formal wear.”

Cherry: “That’s a really odd thing to hate…”


Wynne: “It’s a quirk of hers.”

Cherry: “Well, I’ll keep that in mind, thanks Wynne.”

Wynne: “No problem.”


Throughout the rest of the day and onto the next, Cherry was stuck in utter bewilderment. Sure, she and Wynne were close friends but Wynne had never been one to strike up a pleasant conversation all on her own.

Her befuddlement, no matter how hard she tried to hide it, was evident on her face during breakfast which lead to Austen prompting the question:

Austen: “What’s up, buttercup?”


Cherry: “Your sister has been acting strange. She told me about your mother’s quirky dislike for formal wear.”

Austen: “That surprises you? Wynne’s always been nicer to you than anybody else in the house.”

Cherry: “Yes, but she’s been out of character lately…”

Austen: “Don’t worry about it; Wynne’s just getting over her depressive spiral over Amar.”


Austen: “But, as long as she’s being pleasant there’s no need to worry too much. Let’s just focus on our future wedding.”

Cherry: “I want Wynne to my maid of honour.”

Austen: “Anything for you, Cherry.”


Austen: “You’re such a good person, my love.”

Cherry: “You’re the one with the nice points, Austen.”

Austen: “I suppose that is true, but you’re the one who sought out to help Wynne first. Without your encouragement, I probably would’ve left her by herself.”

Cherry: “I think we all need a little love and support now and again, even your sister.”


Cherry and Wynne almost always found themselves alone in the kitchen most early mornings and late nights. Cherry had the affinity for cleaning up after everybody else and Wynne preferred to eat alone if time allowed it.


Cherry: “I just want to say, Wynne, that I’m really happy to see you feeling better.”

Wynne: “Thanks, Cherry. I appreciate that.”

Just as Cherry was about to continue the conversation, the phone began to ring.


Wynne: “Hey, Mom, what’s up?”

Andrea: “Wynne, Austen told me you’ve been a bit down lately. Are you okay? Do you need me and your mother to come visit again and look after you?

Wynne: “No, Mom, I’m fine. Thank you, though.”

Andrea: “If you’re sure… But, remember, we are always a phone call away if you need us.

Wynne: “I will, Mom, I love you.”

Andrea: “Love you too, baby girl.”


To pass the time quicker and to make a bit of extra money, Austen has been using her enthusiasm for arts and crafts and maxed creative skill to create master pieces to sell off.


The Picasso inspired Will Wright painting sold for over $500 and sent Austen into the platinum again.


Excuse me, random coach, but I have a feeling there’s something predatory in your insistence to make Austen exercise right in front of you.

Coach: “Nothing predatory, just gotta make sure these college kids are keeping fit. Playin’ video games and eating ramen will kill them before too long!”

They don’t even do any of those things!


Coach: “That’s right, Miss Cherry, down and up.”

Alright, you have to go. Now.


These two are sickening. Austen does this autonomously as often as she can.


Cherry: “Be still my beating heart!”

Yeah, I’m mad at myself for writing that, don’t worry.


Wynne, the fortune sim, keeps rolling wants for a stereo so I gave in and bought one.

I think she likes it.


Oh yeah, she really likes it.


In fact, they all enjoy using the stereo.


With only two days until graduation, Wynne, what are you thinking of doing to celebrate?

Wynne: “I’m thinking grandiose!”


Ooh, a baked Alaska! Good idea!

I just hope you don’t burn the house down…


Wynne: “They weren’t kidding when they said your final year is the hardest yet.”

Yup. I’m only in my second year and I feel it, Wynne, I really feel it.

You’ll get there though!


On the morning of Wynne’s final exam:

Cherry: “So, tell me, excited or nervous?”

Wynne: “A little bit of both. I’m hoping to get straight into the athletic career as soon as I move back home and hopefully from there everything will fall into place.”

Cherry: “Well, good luck!”


Wynne: “Hey, Mama. You want to bring Mom over for a party? I graduated with full honours!”


And to celebrate this occasion, the baked Alaska is brought out and doused in brandy.


Wynne: “Who wants to see a magic trick?”


Wynne: “Ta-da!”

Now we have a party!


Yvonne and Andrea use the stereo to its full advantage by showing off their slap dance moves. In case you forgot, they learnt the dance on their recently belated honeymoon before Austen and Wynne left for university.


Yvonne: “So, moving out into the big wide world on your own, sweetie. You ready for it?”

Wynne: “I’ve never been readier. I can’t wait to leave and become a sports star of my own.”


As the party began to quieten down, nearing the peak hours of early morning, Austen pulled Wynne aside.

Austen: “I just want to say that I really admire the way you pulled yourself out of that depressive spiral. It’s so good to have my big sister back.”


Wynne: “Thanks, Austen, it feels good to be back.”


Wynne: “You better do well as the new heiress or so help me…”

Austen: “I won’t let you down, Wynnie.”

Wynne: “That’s my little sister.”


The two spent the evening smustling together, because nothing ends a graduation party quite like a group smustle.


Austen: “Mom… It’s over.”


Wynne: “Cherry, I’m going to miss you. Thank you for being my friend.”

Cherry: “I’m going to miss you too, Wynne. But, we’ll see you at the wedding.”

Wynne: “I wouldn’t miss it for the world.”


Cherry: “How are you feeling?”

Austen: “A little sad. Wynne’s been a huge part of my life and now she’s leaving…”

Cherry: “I’m so proud of you for helping her, Austen. She really needed you and you came through. I think she’ll always remember that.”

Austen: “I know I will.”


To top the good times off, Wynne ends her graduation party by aging up into an adult.


And she picked a pretty bomb outfit, I have to say.


And without all of her goodbyes said and done, she crept quietly into the taxi and was whisked away in the dead of night to live comfortably in Everivory Fields, a small village off of Belladonna Cove.


Austen: “It’s so quiet here without her… I feel like a scared, lonely teenager again.”

Cherry: “You’re not alone, Austen.”

Austen: “No, you’re right, Cherry. Goodnight, love.”


Her bed left undone, as she was wont to do.


However, Wynne’s absence quickly shifted from a sad event to a happy one as Cherry and Austen realised that without her in the house, they had free reign.

Cherry: “You know what, I think that couch needs to be broken in a bit more.”


Austen: “I never knew you were so feisty.”

Who wants to guess how many kids these two are going to end up having?

Place your bets now!





Austen quickly took Cherry into her arms and threw her up into the air.


Cherry let out a breathless giggle as her back hit the saggy cushion, watching as Austen quickly took a stand to leap onto her, a fiery look in her brown eyes.


This sofa has seen better days, let’s be real.


I wish Wynne were still here to tell them off for being so crude in the shared living room.


Obviously, the antics couldn’t stay in the living room and quickly moved onto the bedroom.

I’ll let your imagination work out what happened next.


Amar’s violin had been left since his abrupt departure and Cherry had been rolling wants to play with it.


She’s not very good at it despite what she thinks.


Yusun: “What am I doing here?”


Hey, Yusun! Just in time - Austen and Cherry are about to graduate and we need a placeholder for the next generation.

Yusun: “No… Not again! I can’t stand being alone for such a long period of time!”

Well, tough.


And Austen’s graduation party starts off with a bang and a dance. Doesn’t she look cute in her robes? My little baby, all grown up.

Austen: “I don’t recall you giving birth to me.”

No, but I’ve been present through your whole life! I see you as a child of mine.

Austen: “Well, it’s creepy, so stop.”

So ungrateful…


Austen: “Mom!”

Yvonne: “I’m so proud of you, my baby girl graduating with honours! I have two smart little girls and I’ve never been prouder.”


Andrea teaches Austen the ways of the slap dance whilst Yvonne and Yusun catch up from their college days.


And also par-take in a little school cheer.

Yvonne: “Ah, the nostalgia of it all!”


Austen: “I’m trapped by the trio of slap dances!”

Oh dear. 


So, Austen decided to take a shower during her party and lost her robes… I liked the graduation robes but what can I do?

Andrea: “I hope you’re ready to step into some pretty big shoes, Austen.”

Austen: “I’ll do my best, mother.”

Yvonne: “You have such a beautiful young wife to help you through it all, though. I’d hate to be an heiress all by myself; it’d be such a lonely existence.”


Yusun: “Oh dear, she doesn’t look good!”

She’s fine, she’s just aging up.


Andrea: “I recognise that outfit!”


Austen quickly calls up the taxi and asks him to idle as Cherry ages up to join her.


What an outfit…


And thus, Cherry joins her beloved in the taxi as it takes them back home to Belladonna Cove, ready to start the second generation of Booker children.

A big future was on the horizon for the two but they knew that as long as they had each other, there was nothing they couldn’t face.

And that is it for the college years! Stay tuned to see the misadventures of Austen as head of the Booker family and Wynne's venture into finding happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment